Tuesday 10 May 2016

Sassy Sam is back with HEAN CITY FASHION

Heeeey babes! *Insert crazy two hand wave and squeels*

Wow, I'm SO excited to be back. As some of you know, I used to be the author and owner of "NPA Anony-Miss" AKA "Nail Polish Addict Anony-Miss" blog. I took a little break and went MIA while I sorted my personal life out. You know, the "what am I doing, where am I going, WHO AM I EVEN??????" moment that hit you just before you turn 30. Hahaha. Fun times! Well, for me it actually started just before I turned 29. So I took some time to reflect on my life, where I am, where I'm going, and what I want, and made much needed changes and adjustments. YAAAAY ME! But... After my "transformation" was complete, I still felt like I'm missing something, a little piece of me that I never got back as I rebuilt the puzzle pieces. Then it hit me.... I miss blogging!

So.. Here I am. :-) Once I realised I wanted to blog again, I felt a bit overwhelmed because I didn't know where to start... At this point I should probably tell you that I might have forgotten to mention, I didn't just stop blogging - I stopped doing nails altogether. Eeeeeek!!! SAM!!!!! So, out of practice (but inspired as can be), I started setting up my nail station in my new home. YASS! I've found my happy place again, and couldn't wait to start.

As always, I felt most inspired by my stash of "unused" polishes. I decided to pack them all neatly in a row, and see who calls my name first. The winner..... City Fashion #189, a delicious bright strawberry red beauty, all the way from Poland. Pictured below, is two easy coats, with no top coat.



As we can always expect of Hean - Gloss GALORE! I sometimes stare at my nails, wondering if I've done top coat or not, because they have such a stunning glossy finish. Yum! I just love that every Hean collection entering South Africa is more mesmerising and mind blowing than the last.

You can buy Hean in South Africa from Glamore Cosmetics' Online Shop for only R70 (and all orders over R250 gets free shipping - Whooo), or you can contact them on Facebook, InstaGram or Twitter, for all your nail polish and make up needs.

I decided to do an Aztec design with nail vinyls I got from Nail Candi's Online Shop for R39. You can also find Nail Candi on Facebook, InstaGram or Twitter, for a wide variety of top quality nail products, art, tools and polishes (Including China Glaze).

 
After swatching two coats of Hean City Fashion #189, I cleaned my ring finger, and painted two coats of China Glaze "White on White", which you can purchase here for only R89. As you can see, it's perfectly opaque in just two thin coats. If you prefer thicker coats, you might only need one coat for full opacity. Yay. I LOVE that in a white! After the second coat dried, I applied the Aztec vinyl, and added one coat my trusted Hean Diamond Top Coat.

I really like how the red, white and black compliment each other, but I dislike the fact that I want to lick my nails when wearing this polish. I imagine they would taste like strawberries - but sadly, they don't. ;-)

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking time to read my ramblings. Please don't be a weirdo and leave without dropping me a comment, okay? ;-)


Stay Sassy.


xoxo
Samantha

10 comments:

  1. The aztec vinyls look awesome Samantha! Thank you for showcasing them :D <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. :-D They're awesome to work with. Expect to see a lot more. ;-)

      Delete
  2. wow Sam really nice professional manicure. Your talents have no boundaries and im in love with the colour! Stay as amazing as you are, you are doing great xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? STUNNING colour. I'm a little obsessed at the moment. Also, it's RED! :-D Thank you so much for the beautiful compliments and motivation. You rock!

      Delete
  3. So glad you're back. Love all your colorful nail paints.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome Back! We missed you and we are beyond the moon thrilled that you are following your passion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gael, you're simply amazing. Thank you so much for supporting me every step of the way. You have the kindest heart, and I'll forever be thankful that you're a part of my life.

      Delete
  5. I just love al these colors, gives color to this winter feelings lol. Love reading your blog,thanks. Madelaine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Out of practice?I beg to differ!This is lovely.One never loses ones touch just the desire to do the things you love because of things out of your control that's happening in your life.I am glad you started blogging again and doing nails and everything that you love.Without that I would have never known about you and I wouldn't feel inspired to do my nails,as I am typing here I feel the urge to do my nails (yes even while I am typing)if only I had 4 hands ;p Keep doing what you love.Love Tash Coetzee

    ReplyDelete